Canara Bank (T) Limited invites applications from suitably qualified and skilled candidates for the position of HEAD BUSINESS OPERATIONS.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overall in charge of Bank operations which include Back office operations, Branch operations including cash management, physical security and procurement.
- Ensure regulatory compliance at all times.
- Drive the business in terms of Current Account, Savings Bank, Fixed Deposits and Bancassurance.
- Leveraging the technology for business growth through internet banking and mobile banking
- Reconciliation of all back office operations and mobile banking, clearing etc.
- Reports to Deputy Chief Executive Officer.
- Provides leadership and strategic guidance to the departments.
- Develop strong inter-divisional relationship within the bank.
- Ensure that risk averse systems, processes and procedures that will guide the Bank staff in execution of duties.
- Sits on various bank committees that provide guidance and information on a wide range of issues affecting the bank’s operations.
- Encourages and upholds standards of excellence in the manner that the Departments under span of control handle both internal and external customers.
- Management of SLAs to ensure the bank deliver on its promise.
- Ensuring Business Continuity Management is in place in case of disaster.
- Ensuring that incidents are reported on time and appropriate action taken.
- Effective management of resources – time, costs, people.
- Ensuring efficient and effective management of Office/Suspense accounts.
- Embed a high performing service culture and Identify processing/productivity inefficiency and influence the other functional Heads to adopt.
- To effectively and continuously control, support, guide and assist Head Office on all aspects of their back office operations and processes in order to provide efficient and effective service delivery.
- To ensure that all staff working under the his/her supervision, comply fully with Bank policy guidelines and operate standard and uniform laid down procedures, operate efficiently and cost effectively, reduce wastages and eliminate errors and faults
- Ensuring Due diligence/KYC for deposit customers while opening of Account.
- Vetting of operation policy at the time of review.
- Any other assignments given by the management from time to time.
- University degree in Banking, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business administration or any other related field.
EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- At least five years of experience in business and operations management preferably in bank
- Proficiency for evaluating market conditions and responding quickly, proactively and positively
- Proven leadership and people management skills with a high level of commitment and enthusiasm.
- Ability to manage and motivate staff
- Good analytical and decision making skills
- Ability to market and establish client relationships
- Knowledge of new and evolving technology systems including the benefits and shortfalls of investment thereof.
- Problem solving ability on customer queries and other issues affecting banking business and operations
If you are meeting the above requirements e-mail the following:
- Covering letter clearly indicating the position,
- Curriculum vitae with copies of certificates of education and professional qualifications
All applications must be sent only to;
email@example.com not later than 1st July 2023
- Applications not following the above specifications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview