Canara Bank (T) Limited invites applications from suitable candidates for the position Audit Officer (with ICT background).
Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit, the Audit (Officer) main goal shall be to review the adequacy and effectiveness of controls in the bank.
- Ability to Conduct detailed financial, operational and compliance audits and prepare timely reports in line with the approved audit plan.
- Ability to discuss Audit findings with process owners and agree on audit recommendation for risk mitigation.
- Ability to review information system within the bank include core banking system, operating systems, application, databases, servers, and networking devices and confirm whether all systems and applications are robust enough to ensure data integrity.
- Knowledge on IT governance practices in place to assess their adequacy, the existence of IT risk assessment and role of IT steering committee and the Board of Directors.
- Ability to perform application control testing which include configuration controls sensitive access and segregation of duties controls, interface controls, data integrity controls and obtain reasonable assurance on the accuracy and completeness of transaction and report produced by the systems.
- Ability to assess whether balances resulting from all transaction and data processing within the institution’s IT system are accurate captured and reported in the institution general ledger.
- Ability to review IT security controls including application security, privilege access, audit trail, system monitoring and maintenance, vulnerability assessment and penetration testing, controls over program and system chances, integrity, and systems ability to recover from unexpected shutdown and ability to recover from disaster resulting in loss of data.
- University Degree in Accounting, Information technology or other related field
- Should be a CPA with strong Data analysis skills. CISA will be added advantage.
- Must have experience of atleast 3 years in Audit, system Audit inclusive.
- Knowledge in Audit analytic tools like ACL, Arbutus are added advantage.
- Good written and verbal communications with excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
All applications must be sent only to;
email@example.com not later than 24th December 2021 including covering letter clearly indicating the position, Curriculum vitae with copies of certificates of education and professional qualifications